Monday, June 3, 2013

Welcome!

The first post...


What is the blog about...

Well reading the blog name one would think being pagan and being a farmer....well that's sort of it but not really. There is a lot more to it than that. It's my personal ramblings, neat ideas I find and want to share with the world, my thoughts on paganism and raising a pagan family, my thoughts on my little farm, and a little preview into my life and world. Yep that about sums it up.


What is paganism...

Hmm...well according to Google...pagan means one who is a country dweller or rustic. That is the old definition and in this case that is partly true about me. I was born and raised in the country on a ranch. The other definition is paganism is a broad term the covers many branches of a polytheistic religion, such as Wicca, and witchcraft.

I am a practitioner of Wicca and witchcraft. But since I fall under and eclectic witch I just call myself pagan. I will explain.


What paganism is NOT... 

 Paganism, Wicca and Witchcraft are NOT:
  • We do not worship the Christian devil or Satan...we don't even believe in him.
  • We do not fly on brooms or all have black cats (some do have black cats as pets)
  • We do not sacrifice animals, pets, or children (we don't eat them either the kids/pets that is, we still eat meat at least in my house we do.)
Well this sums it up in this picture...

 Moving on...

So that pretty much sums up paganism. Though I will post more in the future about the topic. I always encourage people who are curious about paganism/wicca/witchcraft to do their own research. Some great places to start:
  • Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham
  • Wicca: The Complete Craft by DJ Conway
Those are two of my personal favorites though I have read many.


About me, my life and my little farm...

 I am Brittany, wife, mother of two great kids and two great dogs. I am a healer by nature and by trade. I am a Reiki Master and a Licensed Massage Therapist. I am a stay at home mom and I have devoted this current time of my life to giving my children the best life me and my husband can provide for them. We live on a little farm that is not used to its full potential unfortunately, mainly because I do not have the time to do it and take care of a 5 month old, but there is still much I do. We have a moderate size garden that we have started...that is if the deer don't eat it all first. We live a rather simple life but it works for us. I will write more about all of this later in posts of their own.

 Neat things... 

So there are so many things I find either from other blogs, facebook, pintrest, tumblr, ect that I find so interesting and think it would be neat to share them with others. So every now and then I will post some neat things that I just find neat, or that I want to try or that I have incorporated in my life so maybe they can work for you too. Who knows what we will discover through sharing?

 So I think I have rambled enough....have a great day and blessed be!


  





1 comment:

  1. I like what you say. Its clean well written, and straight forward. I look greatly forward to more!
    My own path is rather solitary, so, to see what a family does makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete